Friday, September 17, 2010

Business is Picking Up!

Wow, I don't know exactly what did the trick but I wish I did! I've been messing around with my item descriptions and shop announcement this week, and the orders have finally started coming in consistently. Yay! I also have a feeling the time of year is playing a role in the sudden burst in orders. It is well known that summer is a very slow selling time on Etsy. I decided that summer might actually be a good time for me to open my shop since it would give me a chance to get my items posted and work out some of the kinks. On the other hand it's hard when you're a new seller and you aren't getting many orders. During the first couple months I sat in on a few Newbie Chats on Etsy and they often said it can take a while to get your first sale. I actually made my first sale in 5 days, but I think that got my hopes up because it took a couple more weeks for my next sale to come in. It's been a slow process but now I can really see some momentum. I'd say one of the biggest lessons I've learned thus far is to just stick with it! It's a lot of hard work but I know it will all pay off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment