Monday, May 23, 2011

Rockarooz Is Going Granny!

{source}

one of my all-time favorite crochet styles has to be the classic old school granny square. i just can't help myself.  there's something about the granny square that's just flat out awesome.

maybe it's because it reminds me of my grandma who taught me how to make them when i was 8 years old.

maybe it's because you can make them in absolutely ANY color combination you could ever imagine.

or maybe it's because you can make just about anything with the always dependable, go-to granny square.  it's versatility is endless.

granny cushion covers {source}

no matter what you're making--a pillow, blanket, sweater, hat, or jewelry--the detail of the granny square brings its own special pop to every project.  i have to admit that sometimes the assembly step can get a little tedious, but the final product is always an amazing reward.

check out a few of these awesome granny square products available on Etsy.  and trust me, there are tons more.

motif cuff bracelet {source}
granny square earrings {source}


owl blanket {source}
granny square scarf {source}

rainbow granny square blanket {source}

aren't the colors fabulous??  i'm completely in love with the cuff bracelet by nothing but string.  i just might have to add it to my birthday wish list ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment