Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Secret

shhhhh... don't go telling anyone, but I did something totally crazy this week.
















i sat down and made a hat...
for ME!!!!


believe it or not, this is truly a completely unbelievable event.  i've been crafting my entire life and i've never actually made anything for myself.  seriously!!

something just came over me this week and i decided it was time for me!  i found this super cute pattern on knitpicks.com and thought i would give it a whirl.  i originally tried it with some practice yarn i have laying around, but it was a little too thin so my gauge was off.  i decided to use vanna's choice instead
{one of my favorite yarns!} and it came out just perfect!


















turns out my timing was perfect, too.  just this week it started raining here in los angeles.  it doesn't happen often but now i'm prepared, hehe.  if you're a crocheter, and you're looking for a fun and easy project, this is a great choice.  click here to purchase the pattern from knitpicks for only $1.99.

i'm absolutely loving this hat!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe you've never made yourself something! it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete